Skip to content
2 1/4 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk, plus more for brushing tops of scones
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coarse sparkling sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. Cut up the coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix it in until the mixture has the look of sand.
3. Add the coconut milk and vanilla. Stir until a soft dough forms. Fold in the raisins.
4. Transfer the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and pat it into a disk about 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall. Cut into 6 wedges. It might be a little wet and sticky; just work gently.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Heat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
7. Put the chilled wedges onto the tray, leaving 2 inches of space between each of them. Brush the tops with coconut milk and sprinkle with the sparkling sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Let cool and enjoy.