Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free
In This Recipe
1/4 cup Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
8 ounces allergy friendly butter (note: feel free to be creative and mix up the fats! Any rendered fat will work - we've tried this recipe with rendered duck fat, bacon drippings, and butter, and they are all delicious.)
4 cups chicken broth
6 sprigs thyme (optional)
allergy friendly hot sauce (optional)
allergy friendly Worcestershire sauce (optional)
sherry vinegar (optional)
stone ground mustard (optional)
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter/rendered fats over medium heat. Add the All Purpose Flour Blend and stir to combine.
2. Continue stirring over medium heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add the broth and the thyme, turn the heat to high, and whisk until it comes to a boil.
4. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper.
5. Strain the thyme out, if using, and add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sherry vinegar, and/or mustard to taste, if using.