Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cake
3 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups carbonated water
2/3 cup rice bran oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Frosting
1 can coconut cream, chilled overnight upside down
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2x 8" round aluminum cake pans with parchment paper, or use non-stick pans.
2. In a large bowl, sift All Purpose Flour Blend, salt, sugar, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
3. Whisk-in vanilla, rice bran oil, and 1 cup of carbonated water, until a smooth paste forms. Add the rest of the carbonated water and vinegar and whisk in.
4. Working quickly, divide the batter between the two cake pans.
5. Place the cakes in the center rack of the oven, and immediately drop the temperature to 350 degrees.
6. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before attempting to remove the cakes from the pan.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Remove the chilled, inverted can of coconut cream from refrigerator. Open the can and spoon out only the semi-hard cream at the top of the can into a bowl. Do not include any of the liquid from the can.
8. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract, and whip using a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
9. When the cakes have cooled completely, spread the coconut cream frosting on top of each layer. Serve and enjoy!