Skip to content
For the Cake
Hungry Harry's Yellow Cake Mix (1 x 17 oz package)
2 eggs, or egg replacers
1 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup oil of choice (note: if using an oil that's solid at cool temperatures, like coconut oil, melt the oil before beginning this recipe)
Zest of 1 lemon
For the Glaze
1/2 teaspoon oil of choice
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 Earl Grey tea bags
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F. Grease a loaf pan with your preferred oil.
2. Sift the Yellow Cake mix into a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and lemon zest. Mix well until completely combined.
3. Pour into your greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. Combine the oil, confectioners sugar, and lemon juice in a small sauce pot.
5. Bring to a boil. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
6. Add the tea bags, and steep until the glaze is completely cool. Remove and discard tea bags before glazing the cake.
7. Pour the cooled glaze over the cake. Enjoy!
8. (Special Note: We like to garnish this cake with candied lemon slices. To make, slice lemons as thinly as possible, then simmer in a mixture of 1 part sugar: 1 part water until the rind is tender.)