Turkey Dumpling Soup
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free
In This Recipe
For the Soup
1 lb cooked turkey, diced or torn into bite-sized pieces
2 quarts (8 cups) turkey or chicken stock
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 cup peeled and chopped Yukon gold or red potatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
For the Dumplings
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3/4 cup rice milk (or milk of choice)
1. For the Soup: Heat a 4 quart soup pot to medium heat on the stove. Add the rice bran oil.
2. Toss in the carrots, onions, and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
3. Add the turkey, stock, parsley, peas, and potatoes, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. While the soup is cooking, make the dumpling batter.
5. For the dumplings: In a medium sized bowl, combine the All Purpose Flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the egg and coconut oil. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until you’ve made a stiff but moist batter that can be scooped and dropped using a spoon.
7. Drop dumplings by the spoonful onto the soup. They will sit on top of the soup.
8. Cover with a lid and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes on medium low heat. Serve warm and enjoy!