Skip to content
For the Cookie:
2 cups Hungry Harry's All-Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
1 egg or 1 egg replacer, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1. Begin by making the cookie dough. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
3. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch thickness.
5. Cut out shapes with your daisy cookie cutter. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave 1 inch of space between each cookie.
6. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
7. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
8. While the cookies are cooling, make the icing. In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until the mixture is free of lumps.
9. Portion the icing into bowls and add food coloring, stirring until the color is consistent.
10. Transfer each colored icing into a piping bag, or food storage bag with the corner snipped off.
11. When the cookies are completely cool, decorate and enjoy!