Summer Berry Galette
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
1 egg or 1 egg replacer, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
2 cups berries of choice (if using a larger berry like a strawberry, slice them 1/4" thick; blackberries should be sliced in half; most other berries can be used whole)
1 tablespoon fruit preserves
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, combine the All Purpose Flour Blend, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and confectioners sugar.
3. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until the dough is ¼ inch thickness. Remove the top parchment paper, and transfer the dough and the bottom parchment paper to a baking tray.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the berries with 3/4 tablespoon of preserve until they are well-coated.
6. Spoon the coated berries into the center of the dough.
7. Use the parchment paper to lift and fold the edges of the dough over the berries. The center of the galette will remain uncovered.
8. Brush the top of the dough with the remaining 1/4 tablespoon of preserves.
9. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool before enjoying.