Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Graham Crackers
1 1/4 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 cup light brown sugar (measure your sugar by spooning it into your measuring cup and allowing it to loosely settle in the cup. Do not pack it.)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or allergy friendly butter replacer, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons rice milk
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the All Purpose Flour Blend, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together rice milk, honey and vanilla extract.
3. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients. With mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in the remaining liquid ingredients until combined.
4. Transfer the graham cracker dough to a sheet of parchment paper. Flatten it to 1/4 inch thickness by hand. This will help it chill faster and more throughly, and makes it easier to roll when it comes out.
5. Refrigerate for 2 - 6 hours, or ideally, overnight.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat your oven to 350º F.
7. Lightly dust a sheet of parchment paper with All Purpose Flour Blend. Place your graham cracker dough on top of the parchment paper, dust lightly with more flour, and cover with another sheet of parchment. Use a rolling pin to spread to 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer to baking tray.
8. Bake at 350º F for 12 - 14 minutes (this will vary depending on your oven but you are trying to dry the graham cracker out, so it will take longer than a standard cookie).
9. As soon as the uncut dough comes out of the oven, while it is still hot, use a ruler or kitchen safe straightedge to score it into large cracker squares. Use a fork to "dock" the classic graham cracker pattern onto each scored square.
10. Allow to cool before breaking apart the individual crackers.
11. After you've baked your graham crackers, sandwich a gooey, melty marshmallow and a square of chocolate between two cookies. Yum!