Pride Flag Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
1 egg or 1 egg replacer, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
3. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Divide dough into 6 equal parts. If at any time the dough becomes difficult to work with, refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to make it easier to handle.
5. Dye each ball of dough a different color across the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
6. Using the colors of the rainbow (start with red) roll each ball of dough into a long snake 1/4 inch thick on a long piece of parchment paper. Repeat for each color, lining each in order (Red on top, then Orange, etc.) until you have your full Pride rainbow. The colors should align with each other.
7. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper, then gently use a rolling pin to compress the colors together. Roll to 1/8th inch thickness. Chill for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the fridge and cut into 3 inch cookies. Using a spatula if needed, gently transfer each cookie to your prepare baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, then share and enjoy!