1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
3. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Separate the dough into three equal portions. Work the food coloring into each ball of dough separately, using different amounts of red food coloring for a traditional look, or mix up your colors! We chose to leave one portion uncolored, but have fun and be creative with your own design.
5. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a work surface floured with our All Purpose Flour Blend. Separate the doughs into rough teaspoons and arrange them neatly in a patchwork pattern. You want to avoid having any gaps in the dough, gently pushing each piece to the next.
6. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of your cookie dough, and roll out to 1/4" thickness. You may still have small gaps - that's okay!
7. Cut out heart shapes with your cookie cutters. Transfer to the baking tray. Leave 1 inch of space between each cookie.
8. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Share with someone you love!