Orange Jam Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cookie
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
1 egg or 1 egg replacer, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
3/4 cup of orange jam (or other fruit jam)
2 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle cookie cutters, or similar.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the All Purpose Flour Blend, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar.
3. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch thickness.
5. Use the 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter to cut out your cookies. Then, use the 1 3/4 inch cutter on half of the cookies. Remove the center and keep the remaining ring. Transfer to the baking tray.
6. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and all to cool completely.