Lemon Pound Cake
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1 ¼ cups sugar
½ cup butter alternative, Earth Balance Soy Free Spread, frozen
3 eggs or egg replacer
1/2 cup lemon juice, approximately 2 lemons
4 teaspoons grated lemon zest, approximately 2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup yogurt alternative - we used So Delicious vanilla coconut, plain
½ cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or use nonstick spray.
2. Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Slowly add in the lemon zest and eggs. Beat until the batter is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla last.
4. In a separate bowl, sift All Purpose Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, folding in the yogurt until combined.
6. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes. You'll know it's done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleanly. Transfer the cake to a wire rack.
7. Whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice to create a smooth glaze. Gently pour the glaze over the cake, allowing the glaze to run down the sides.