Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Bundt Cake
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 lemons (zested & juiced)
1 cup maple syrup
½ cup olive oil
4 eggs, separated at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven 325 degrees. Oil a cake pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the All Purpose Flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Separate the eggs into two large bowls. Using an electric or hand mixer, beat the egg whites until peaks form. Set aside.
4. To the egg yolks, add lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45 minutes. Test for doneness by using a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake. The tooth pick should come out cleanly when the cake is ready. Allow to cool, before removing from cake pan and dusting with confectioners sugar.
Optional, we recommend serving with allergy-friendly vanilla ice cream and drizzling with our raspberry coulis.