1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
2 eggs or 2 egg replacers, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
For the Lemon Cream
1/4 cup coconut oil - softened, not melted
3 ½ cup powdered sugar (16 oz)
1 teaspoon milk of choice
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together All Purpose Flour Blend, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar.
3. Add the oil, egg and vanilla and mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out your shapes, and transfer to the prepared baking tray.
5. Bake for about 6 - 8 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
6. While the cookies are cooling, make the lemon cream. In a bowl, beat the coconut oil, juice, and milk together until smooth. Add in the zest and powdered sugar in small portions, and beat until the cream thickens.
7. When the cookies are completely cooled, it's time to assemble. Scoop 1 ounce of the lemon cream onto the bottom of a cookie.
8. Top with another cookie, and press gently to create a sandwich. The cream should spread slightly to the edge of the sandwich. Yum!