Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
1 1/4 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 cup light brown sugar (measure your sugar by spooning it into your measuring cup and allowing it to loosely settle in the cup. Do not pack it.)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or allergy friendly butter replacer, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons rice milk
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mix together All Purpose Flour Blend, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk or sift.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together rice milk, honey and vanilla extract.
3. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the melted coconut oil into the dry mixture.
4. With mixer running on low speed, drizzle the liquid mixture into the dry/oil mixture.
5. Remove the graham cracker dough from the mixer and flatten it to about 1/4 inch by hand on a piece of parchment paper, which will help it chill faster and more throughly, and will make it easier to roll when it comes out.
6. Refrigerate for 2 - 6 hours, or ideally, overnight.
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat your oven to 350º F degrees .
8. Lightly dust a sheet of parchment paper with All Purpose Flour Blend. Place your graham cracker dough on top of the parchment paper, dust lightly with more flour, then cover with another sheet of parchment. Roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
9. Bake at 350º F for 12 - 14 minutes. This will vary depending on your oven, but you are trying to dry the graham cracker out, so it will take longer than a standard cookie.
10. Set aside a ruler or kitchen safe straightedge and a fork.
11. As soon as you remove the graham cracker from the oven, use a ruler or kitchen safe straightedge to score the dough into large cracker squares and use a fork to "dock" the classic graham cracker pattern on it.
12. Allow the crackers to cool completely. Enjoy same day, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.