Date & Orange Bread
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
2 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon orange zest
3 cups dates
1 teaspoon allergy friendly vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 egg or egg replacer
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Remove the pits from the dates and place them in a small saucepan. Cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, strain the dates. Add to a food processor and puree. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of pureed dates.
3. Preheat your oven to 360°F. Grease a loaf pan with your preferred oil.
4. Combine all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until well-combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature.
10. Slice and serve!