Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cake
1 3/4 cups Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Crumble (optional)
1 cup Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Glaze (optional)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk of choice
1/2 teaspoon rice bran or liquid coconut oil
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F. Grease a loaf pan with your preferred oil.
2. Prepare the crumble by mixing the All Purpose Flour Blend, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, prepare the cake batter by mixing all the ingredients until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
5. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, make the glaze by combining the oil and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then quickly whisk in the confectioners sugar until all lumps are gone. Set aside.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely before topping with the glaze. Slice and enjoy!
8. Note: This recipe works great in any shape - muffins, cake pans, or loaves. Just adjust your baking time to account for the change in size!