Chocolate Orange Valencia Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
2 cups Hungry Harry's All-Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
8 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
1 egg or 1 egg replacer, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
3. Add the oil, egg, vanilla, orange extract, juice, and zest, and mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
4. Roll the dough into balls just smaller than a golf ball, then flatten with your palm or the back of a spoon. Place on a parchment lined sheet tray, spaced 2" apart.
5. Bake for about 6 - 8 minutes, until they just start to brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth.
7. Dip each cooled cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, then return to the wire rack. Allow the chocolate to harden. Share and enjoy!