1. For the cookies, sift the Chocolate Cake Mix into a large bowl. Add eggs, melted coconut oil, milk, and orange zest. Mix all ingredients together until combined.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 3/4 inch cookie scoop and space dough balls two inches apart on baking sheet.
3. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator. Chill the scooped dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
5. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Rotate the tray halfway through for even baking.
6. Remove from oven, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
7. While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the coconut oil until light, fluffy, and smooth.
8. With the mixer on low, add vanilla, half of the confectioners sugar, and half of the milk. Slowly add the remainder of the powdered sugar, and milk until the frosting is completely smooth and free of lumps.
9. To dye your frosting teal for Food Allergy Awareness Month, use 2 parts blue to 1 part green. In a small bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of yellow and blue food coloring to create a green color. Mix into the frosting until you have a consistent color throughout. Then, slowly add blue food coloring, a few drops at a time, until you reach a teal color you love. It takes some experimenting!
10. When the cookies are cool, they're ready to assemble! Use an offset spatula or piping bag to add a tablespoon of frosting to the underside of 12 cookies. Top each of these with a second cookie for a ready-to-eat sandwich treat. Enjoy!