Chocolate, Date, and Oat Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
1 cup Hungry Harry's All Purpose Flour Blend
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup allergy friendly oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening, soft but not melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten, or 2 egg replacers
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
15 dates, pits removed and sliced in half
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix to combine. The dough will be thick and stiff – you can squeeze it together with your hands to bring it all together.
3. Roll the dough into small balls, then place each one on a baking tray. Space each cookie 2 inches apart.
4. Using your palm or the back of a spoon, flatten each ball slightly, then press half of a date into the center of each one.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies get lightly toasted on the outside edges. Yum!