Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Vegan + Gluten Free
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup for dusting
1/2 cup oil of choice
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking try with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together sifted All Purpose Flour Blend, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In a second bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar, applesauce, cocoa powder, oil, vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Using two small bowls - fill one with the remaining granulated sugar, and the other with the confectioners sugar.
6. After the dough as cooled, portion 30 balls a little smaller than a golf ball. Roll each ball heavily in the granulated sugar, then again into the powdered sugar. Place sugared dough balls on a prepare tray, spaced 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the to finish baking and cooling on the sheet tray before transferring to a wire rack or resealable container. Enjoy!