Chocolate Avocado Cake
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cake
3 cups Hungry Harry’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of rice bran oil
1 ripe avocado, mashed into a puree
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of vinegar (white or cider)
2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
2 cups of sugar
For the Frosting
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
3 ½ cups of confectioners sugar (16 oz)
2 teaspoons milk of choice
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. For the Cake : Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a bread loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl sift the All Purpose Flour Blend. Add cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and stir together.
3. In a separate bowl, Combine the sugar and remaining wet ingredients.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake on the middle rack for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool before removing from the pan.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the coconut oil until light, fluffy, and smooth.
8. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the vanilla, half of the confectioners sugar, and half of the milk. Slowly add the remainder of the confectioners sugar, all of the cocoa powder, and then the remainder of the milk.
9. Beat until completely smooth and lump-free.
10. Pour or drizzle over the top of the bread loaf. Serve and enjoy!