Carrot Cake Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cookies
2 cups Hungry Harry's All-Purpose Flour Blend
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
8 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening, softened, not melted
2 eggs or 2 egg replacers, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup shredded carrots
For the Icing
1/4 cup milk of choice
1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the cookie - In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk.
2. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Mix to combine, then add the shredded carrots. The dough will be thick.
3. Roll into 1 and 1/2 inch balls, just smaller than a golf ball.
4. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with your palm or the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to a cookie rack to cool.
6. While the cookies are cooling, make the icing. Whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
7. Once the cookies have cooled completely drizzle with the icing and serve!