Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
For the Cake
Hungry Harry's Yellow Cake Mix or Chocolate Cake Mix (1 x 17 oz package)
2 eggs or egg replacers
1/2 cup oil of choice
1 cup milk of choice
For the Frosting
One batch of Hungry Harry's Vanilla Frosting or Hungry Harry's Chocolate Frosting
8oz package of Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chips
1. For the cake: Bake a Yellow Cake or Chocolate Cake in a 9x13 pan using our allergy friendly cake mix recipes, linked in the "ingredients" section above.
2. Cool completely in the refrigerator or freezer.
3. While the cake is chilling, make the frosting using one of the recipes linked in the "ingredients" section above.
4. To begin assembly, in a large bowl, finely crumble the cooled cake.
5. Mix in frosting one tablespoon at a time, until the cake crumbs are well-combined.
6. Form into balls, just over an inch in diameter. Roll each ball to ensure the cake is packed together well.
7. Push a stick halfway into each cake ball. Place the assembled cake pops into a stand, then chill in the refrigerator.
8. Once the cake pops are firmly chilled, melt 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring frequency until the chocolate is smooth.
9. Dip each cake pop one at a time into the melted chocolate, coating the entire ball of cake. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl before transferring to a stand. Add sprinkles if you desire.
10. Chill completely. Allow the chocolate to harden before serving. Enjoy!