Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup chilled coconut cream - turn can upside down and chill overnight
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 tablespoons allergy-friendly butter replacer
1 egg or egg replacer
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Stir together the coconut cream and lemon juice, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces, and freeze for 15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups All Purpose Flour Blend with the salt, sugar, and baking powder.
5. Add the butter, and cut into the flour mixture using a fork or pastry blender, until the butter pieces are no larger than small peas.
6. Whisk the egg into the coconut cream/lemon mixture and add to the flour/butter mixture. The dough will be very sticky. Do not over mix the dough - mix it just enough to combine - as over-mixing melts the fat and makes the biscuits tough.
7. Add one tablespoon of All Purpose Flour Blend to a large piece of parchment paper.
8. Gently place the dough on top of the parchment paper, and add another tablespoon of flour on top. Carefully fold the dough on top of itself twice.
9. Using your hands, form a disc that is about 1 inch high and 6 or 7 inches around.
10. Using a biscuit cutter or a clean glass, cut out your round biscuits. Do not twist the biscuit cutter when you cut them - a straight up and down motion is best - as twisting the cutter will crimp the edges and prevent rising.
11. You can carefully recombine any dough scraps into another 1 inch high disc and cut again, using the same method.
12. Place the biscuits close together on a greased baking sheet. You do not want to space these out - they should be touching - as they'll "climb" up on each other as they rise and help set the height.
13. Bake for 14 - 17 minutes, until golden brown.
14. Brush with melted allergy friendly butter when they come out of the oven, and serve warm. Store in an airtight container for 24 hours. Re-heat as needed.