Banana Bread Cookies
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
1/2 cup coconut oil, soft but not melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup banana, mashed to a paste (use the softest bananas you can get!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, cream together the banana, coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla until just mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Add to the banana mixture, mixing just until it all comes together.
4. Use a 3/4 inch cookie scoop to place 12 balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced 2 inches apart. Chill briefly before baking.
5. After chilling, flatten each ball of dough slightly with your palm or back of a spoon.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.