Apple Cinnamon Spoon Cake
Allergy Friendly + Gluten Free + Vegan
In This Recipe
1 cup Hungry Harry’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
½ cup coconut oil (melted)
About 1 cup (5 ounces) of peeled and diced Honeycrisp Apples
⅔ cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 + ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
½ cup rice milk (room temperature)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Dairy-free vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8-inch round baking pan.
2. Peel and core the honeycrisp apples. Dice into 1/4" pieces, until you have enough to fill 1 cup.
3. Toss into a bowl with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Coat well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of vanilla, salt, and room temperature rice milk. Note: It is very important that the rice milk is room temperature, otherwise it will harden the coconut oil into clumps, and the fat will not be evenly distributed.
5. Whisk in the flour and baking powder to these wet ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to fill and spread evenly.
7. Drizzle the coated apples and juice from the bowl evenly on top.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. A skewer tester in the center should come out cleanly when the center is fully baked.
9. Grab a spoon and enjoy. Best served warm, and maybe with ice cream!